Tangy Hawaiian Meatballs
1 pound ground beef mixed with 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- One egg beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup almond flour
1 can pineapple pieces (reserve juice)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne
3 tablespoons 18 year aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix together ground beef and ground turkey sausage.
- Add one packet of dried onion soup mix, one beaten egg and bread crumbs. Form into balls.
- Roll meatballs in almond flour just until coated.
- Place in oven on cookie sheet
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, balsamic vinegar and about a third of a cup of the reserve pineapple liquid, Stir, continue adding pineapple liquid until sauce is thin enough to coat meatballs.
- Remove meatballs from oven and mix with sauce. Add pineapple chunks and return to oven. Heat another 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice for an entree or with toothpicks for an appetizer.